At university, I got to know Python and R. I did some internships during my studies and some notable things include:
- I got to work with Docker when it first was introduced to the world. I was asked to setup multiple container images for a Java Spring microservice architecture.
- I used Bokeh at first and later Plotly Dash for visualization before they grew quite popular.
Today, I mainly work with Python and R. Some recent packages / frameworks that have sparked my interest include: HTMX, AlpineJS, and for this website Astro.
My daily work includes the following:
- Manging and deploying resources on Azure through DevOps tools like Azure Pipelines or Bicep templates.
- Monitoring and improving our code quality through PR reviews.
- Designing and discussing new systems with colleagues and reviewing old ones.
These are some of the projects I currently work on or have worked on:
I work as an Investment Engineer for finccam. My job is to use modern cloud technologies to deliver our puristic take on investing. I work on the intersection between financial engineering and software development.
I created a Age of Empires 2 random civilization selector. For some time, I played a lot of AoE2 DE with my friends. The main problem for us with the built in random generator was that it kept repeating civilizations while we wanted to play every civilization at least once before playing some twice. I used Vue to create a small application that will remember the civilizations you already played and also lets you filter civilizations.
I'm a co-founder and software engineer of the website stipnetz.de which aims to bring together German scholarship holders.
I have written a documentation generator for Eclipse Smarthome bindings. They are pieces of software that connect a smarthome setup running on Eclipse software with devices in the house such as lights or blinds.